Volkswagen of America TDI Goodwill Package Program Rules
Updated April 18, 2016
These are the program rules and requirements (“Program Rules”) that govern your eligibility to register for and participate in the Volkswagen of America (“VWoA”) TDI Goodwill Package, including the $500 Volkswagen Prepaid Visa® Loyalty Card, $500 Volkswagen Dealership Card and 24-Hour Roadside Assistance (collectively, the “TDI Goodwill Package”). Your registration and activation of the TDI Goodwill Package is expressly conditioned upon your meeting these requirements. If you do not meet these requirements or agree to these rules, please do not register for the TDI Goodwill Package. Affected customers eligible for the TDI Goodwill Package are not required to waive their rights or release or arbitrate their claims against Volkswagen Group of America in order to receive the Package.
In order to be eligible for the TDI Goodwill Package, you must:
- Confirm you have a vehicle affected by the TDI emissions issue (“Affected Vehicle”) through the VIN lookup tool on vwdieselinfo.com;
- Be the registered owner or lessee of an Affected Vehicle as of November 8, 2015, and maintain ownership, registration and possession of the Affected Vehicle through the activation process (for clarity, the Affected Vehicle must have been purchased or leased by the current registered owner or lessee prior to November 9, 2015, the date of program initiation);
- Be a United States resident (including Puerto Rico); and
- For 2.0L TDI Customers: Register for the TDI Goodwill Package no later than April 30, 2016; For 3.0L TDI Customers: Register for the TDI Goodwill Package no later than July 31, 2016.
You are not eligible for the TDI Goodwill Package if:
- You purchase or lease an Affected Vehicle on or after November 9, 2015; or
- You sold, turned-in or otherwise transferred the Affected Vehicle prior to the program initiation (November 9, 2015) or prior to TDI Goodwill Package activation; or
- Your Affected Vehicle is owned by either Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., or VW Credit, Inc. as part of an employee/retiree lease program or other corporate fleet program; or
- Your Affected Vehicle was reported sold as a Volkswagen corporate fleet sale; or
- You are a new vehicle or used vehicle automotive dealership and the Affected Vehicle is in your inventory.
If you are not sure if you are eligible, please contact VW Customer Care at 1-800-822-8987 for further assistance.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM RULES:
If you are eligible and submit your registration for the TDI Goodwill Package, you should receive your TDI Goodwill Package within approximately 4 weeks after registering for the TDI Goodwill Package at the mailing address you have provided on this website.
You will next need to activate the TDI Goodwill Package before the expiration date listed on the cards. In order to activate the TDI Goodwill Package,
- You must be the registered owner or lessee.
- You will need to visit a participating Volkswagen dealership.
- You, as the registered owner or lessee, must present all of the following verification items (“Verification Items”):
- Affected Vehicle
- Driver’s License
- Proof of Ownership (any of the following)
- Current vehicle registration; or
- Current vehicle title; or
- Current vehicle lease agreement
- Vehicle mileage
- Upon dealership validation of the Verification Items, the dealership will activate your TDI Goodwill Package. Volkswagen dealerships and VWoA reserve the right to reject any registered owner or lessees who cannot provide the requested Verification Items or request that you produce additional verification. Please contact VW Customer Care at 1-800-822-8987 for further assistance.
- Only one (1) TDI Goodwill Package is available per Affected Vehicle, as confirmed by unique VIN.
- The $500 Volkswagen Prepaid Visa Loyalty Card and the $500 Volkswagen Dealership Card may not be transferred, conveyed, assigned, sold, combined, pooled or redeemed by any third party except as specifically permitted by VWoA.
- In order to use the $500 Volkswagen Prepaid Visa Loyalty Card and $500 Volkswagen Dealership Card, you must accept the terms of the respective Cardholder Agreements provided for your reference on this website.
- Both cards should be issued within approximately 4 weeks of TDI Goodwill Package registration. Both cards expire one year after date of issuance. Therefore, it is important that you activate the TDI Goodwill Package as soon as possible.
- Program Rules are void to the extent where prohibited by law. Taxes may apply where required by law, and are the responsibility of the TDI Goodwill Package recipient. Eligibility, registration, activation and redemption of TDI Goodwill Package are subject to present and future program rules, which are incorporated by reference and may be modified by VWoA at any time without notice.
- By registering for the TDI Goodwill Package, you represent and warrant that all eligibility information that you have provided to VWoA as part of your registration is true and accurate and that you agree to these Program Rules.
Questions? Please call VW Customer Care at 1-800-822-8987
Prepaid cards are issued by MetaBank® Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.